Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wearable Technology Pros ad Cons - Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit - Black

Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit - Black
Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always-on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and activity intensity. Strap material: silicone
Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts,Display type:sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
Control your music and your VIRB action camera (sold separately) all from your wrist,PHYSICAL SIZE:Width: 21.0 mm,Thickness: 12.3 mm,Regular: 137-188 mm circumference,X-large: 180-221 mm circumference
Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert.Smartphone compatibility:iPhone,Android,Windows
Wrist-based Heart Rate - Tracks Heart Rate to Provide More Accurate Calories Burned Information.
Smart Notifications - Displays Any Notification from Your Mobile Device; Calls, Texts, Social, Music, Games, Etc. With Vibration Alerts so You Don't Miss a Beat.
Intensity Minutes - Monitor Your Progress Against Aerobic Activity Goals Recommended by Health Organizations
Activity Tracking - Displays Steps, Calories, Distance, Heart Rate, Floors Climbed, Intensity Minutes and Time of Day.
Smart Activity Tracker with Wrist-based Heart Rate
Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always-on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and activity intensity
Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts
Control your music and your VIRB action camera (sold separately) all from your wrist
Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert
Heart Rate Training
Monitor your all day heart rate without needing a chest strap, using Garmin’s Elevate wrist heart rate technology. It helps you gauge your effort for cardio workouts and because it’s tracking your heart rate provides more accurate calories burned information.Taking the stairs is harder, vívosmart HR will track that extra effort thanks to an integrated barometric altimeter. It will also measure activity intensity through Intensity Minutes, so users can then monitor their progress against weekly goals.
Garmin Connect
vívosmart HR automatically syncs with your smartphone throughout the day to save your stats to our free online community. Simply download Garmin Connect Mobile to your phone or log on to Garmin Connect via your desktop, where you can save, plan and share your activity and beat yesterday in your daily step count. Connect with other users to challenge and compete. For detailed calorie tracking, you can create an account at MyFitnessPal and link it to your Garmin Connect account. This allows you to compare calories consumed to total calories burned, which vívosmart HR records throughout the day.
Pros:
1)Battery life(at least so far)
2)Its waterproof to swim and shower(all the FitBits are not waterproof). I wear mine ALL the time except to charge.
3)The HR and step counts seem pretty accurate to based on usage and comparing to other HR items i use.
4)I like the activity tracking too, and the fact it vibrates when you hit your goal for the day.
5)The band is changeable, even some of the other Garmins have a one piece band and I like being able to change the color if I want or if band
becomes worn or broken you replace that vs buying whole new tracker.
6)It seems very durable like my VF2 and is very comfortable for me to wear. I had to get used to it being a bit higher on wrist and a little more snug in
order to read the HR.
7)I like it has an alarm you can set thru the app, this is great for when I travel.
Pretty easy to set up using my smart phone. Followed the instructions using the Garmin app and took less than 5 minutes.
8)I like the swipe screen and the back light.HR appears to be accurate. I took it manually and compared my reading with the Garmin. Spot on.Weather feature is a helpful if you are into tracking weather :)I like the idea of charging the FT and not worrying about batteries. 
9)The FT fits into a docking station that plugs into your computer's USB port. As long as you line correctly up the holes, it is very easy to attached and detach.
Seems to hold a charge well. As of this typing, it has been four days on one charge and have yet to receive a "low battery" message.
10)Good battery life,Great for notifications of texts and phone calls
11)Good pedometer,Great for changing/pausing music when bluetooth connected
Waterproof-see below,Can help you find your phone if misplaced
12)Vibrate to wake alarm,Sleep mode so you don't receive notifications during a time period you set
13)Vertical or horizontal display options
14)Ability to control in-phone music playback/pause/etc...
15)Very easy to use and straight forward companion application
Thin and sleek profile,Waterproof,Less bulky charging cable than the Fitbit's

Battery life is awesome, I find myself charging this once every 5+ days. Depending on how many phone notifications I receive on it of course.
Cons:
1)Not many really, My biggest grip would be to be able to turn off the move notifications all the time. You can do it temporarily but the tracker shuts them off during your established sleep time but then turns them back on in the am again and on weekends I sleep later than my weekdays so the move notification is buzzing on my arm which is annoying.
Overall I'm very happy with this, if you want a tracker then this is your go to one. I did not want to spend $300 on an iWatch and be worried if I smacked it or abused it but for $75-80 I will be happy with 2 yrs worth of use and charging from this one. Plus I dont need/want text and emils or weather or music controls on my watch/tracker so this fit bill for me.
I am and will continue to be a loyal Garmin tracker customer, the app is great too.
2)Not too stylish but I was not looking for stylish.
Band is comfortable. I think those that have problems perhaps cinch it too tight.
Light in weight. I hardly notice that I have it on.
3)I noticed that some folks really pan this fitness tracker. I think if you understand that they are not always totally perfect and use it as a helpful tool in your exercise regime but not the only tool, you'll be ok. I am wearing it a bit above my wrist bone and the HR seems to work fine so I am not sure why other folks are having such a difficult time. And, again, you do not have to make it so tight that it cuts off your circulation.
4)The HR monitor isn't alwasy accurate. I can go from a HR of 63 to 148 when sitting still-I have to readjust on my wrist frequently to get it to appear normal. When working it it doesn't seem to register correctly all the time either. I have to lift it and wipe the sensor off for it to correct.
5)Waterproof-Be wary when taking a shower. The drops from the shower can perform functions. It helps that it vibrates when it does it, but it can be a nusance. I've called people without realizing it while in the shower. Also, i'ts turned my music on so I walk out to random music playing in a different room. Plus I have a bluetooth speaker in my shower I sync with and it will skip songs or pause. 
6)I haven't used this swimming so I do not know if the same issue occurs while completely submerged.
7)Stair counter-will sometimes display i've gone up/down stairs when I haven't.
8)It disconnects from bluetooth randomly causing the playback feature to not work
9)Same as above which causes the weather and messages feature to not work
10)Though the strap isn't interchangeable per se, it can be swapped out w/ OEM versions using tools
11)Standard colors only come in black, dark purple, dark blue. OEM versions come in more variety, but I've yet to try them.
12)Stair climbing counter is confusing. I can climb several flights of 10-20 steps and this will register only 1. Yet, sometimes while driving, it will say I've completed my stair climb goal for no reason. Unsure of the reason for this and what constitutes what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mens running shoes wide toe box

SALE BESTSELLER NO. 1 Saucony Men's S20514-1 Ride ISO 2 Running Shoe, Grey/Blue - 8.5 M US Everun topsole construction for enhan...