Wednesday, April 3, 2019

wearable technology Amazfit Bip Smartwatch by Huami All-Day Heart Rate and Activity Tracking, Sleep Monitoring Pros and Cons

Amazfit Bip Smartwatch by Huami with All-Day Heart Rate and Activity Tracking, Sleep Monitoring, GPS, Ultra-Long Battery Life, Bluetooth, US Service and Warranty - A1608 Black
Look as Good as You Feel: With a range of colors and options, the Bip is designed to be worn as an extension of your personal style. Weighing only 1.1oz (32g), and with a bright, transflective always-on 1.28" display, the Bip can be worn all day
Go the Distance: Use the Amazfit Bip for up to 30 days on a single 2.5-hour charge.
Don't Miss a Beat: Optical heart rate monitoring and built-in GPS allow you to accurately track in real-time your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and quality of sleep. Special sport modes (running, treadmill, cycling and walking) give you even more detailed insights into your most frequent activities.
Be in the Know: The perfect companion to keep you organized and productive all day long. Receive one-way notifications for emails, SMS messages, and incoming phone calls (prompting you to take action on your smartphone), as well as alerts for Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Snap, Slack, weather forecasts, and other mobile apps
Satisfaction Guaranteed: Buy with confidence. Amazfit offers a 30-day refund policy, and 12-month new replacement warranty.

The Bip is so comfortable, you won’t want to take it off – and you practically won’t have to.
32g ultra lightweight
45 days battery life
IP68 water resistant and dust proof

4 sports modes
Heart rate monitoring
Automatic activity tracking (steps, distance, calories)
Daily goal achievement
Mi Fit APP

Far more than a fitness tracker, the Bip packs a suite of smart features that will help you stay organized and productive.
Smart notifications
Weather report
Alarm clock, timer and stopwatch
Sleep quality monitor

Pros:
1)So many features and they all work so well but the best feature to me is the ability to change the watch face and there are thousands of them for every mood and occasion. I did not realize this going into the purchase but it added so much more value to my purchase. You can change between classy analog for fancy dining and large digital for those that have trouble reading small watches without glasses.
2) Battery life is legitimately great.
3) Integration with iOS seemed great.
4) Heart rate tracking seemed accurate, by comparison.
5) Screen was always easy for me to read.
6) The watch is easy, cheap, and with excellent battery life.
7) It's easy because the watch is really limited with apps and other "cool" features that we expect on a smart watch these days. It has exactly what I need though. Notification for texts, phone calls, emails etc, but without the ability reply through the watch. Suited me fine, since I never did that on my LG sport watch either. It has the basic features that I want for fitness tracking, which is 90% of my use. Onboard GPS, pedometer, distance tracking, HR, sleep tracking, calorie burn etc.

8)Battery life that lasts weeks and that's with an always-on screen. Simply amazing and I cannot emphasize enough how important battery life meant for me. I stopped using my LG sport (and others before that), because I got tired of always had to charge it, forget it at home because it was charging, or run out of juice when I forgot to charge it.
Not a problem with this watch. I just charge it once a month and it just dissolves into the background.

9)It's very light weight. I didn't realize how this made a difference to me before, but I do enjoy that I hardly notice that I'm wearing it. I wanted to track my sleep, but my LG sport was just too heavy and uncomfortable to wear at night. This one is perfect for me. Granted that's because it's made of plastic. It does make it look somewhat cheap, but I think the black version looks fine. Nothing flashy, but that's just perfect in my opinion.
After a month of wearing it I don't have any scratches or other issue with the screen or case.
10)  Battery Life, Looks good. Looks very similar to an Apple watch, Feels durable.,
Easy connectivity,Amazing battery life ,Lightweight and comfortable,Fully configurable in terms of which alerts you get on the watch,Seemingly accurate step and HR tracking
Easy connection to Google Fit Price!
11) Seriously looks like an Apple Watch ... if you care about such things.
12) Light weight and Flexible design: i swapped the stock band out for a Fintie sport loop band, only took about 1 min, and often forget this watch is on my arm. It is that light and comfortable.
13)Exceptional battery life: mine is configured for constant heart rate/sleep monitoring and have taken for a 2 mile run and battery is still at 86% now on third day of operation. you could easily go on a week long trip and never worry about recharging even if you workout daily. The color e-ink technology is really amazing.
14)Color e-ink display: not only does this tech extend the battery life but it is amazing easy to read in bright daylight. Had to turn brightness up to 100% on the Gearfit 2 and still wasn't as easy to read as the Bip ... wasn't even turned on!
15) GPS: specs claim GPS+GLONASS. According to wikipedia, glonass is Russian tech and better at higher latitudes. all i know is it locks on to satellites about twice as fast as the Samsung Gearfit 2, stays locked, and is more accurate for distance, pace, and elevation changes.
16)Simple: you won't be blown away with lots of fancy features and apps but what it does, it does well. If you want to know the time, your heart rate, how long you've slept, or track your work outs this watch has you covered.
Overall ,Price: looks good, light weight, well constructed, easy to read, and great tracking make this device a winner.
Cons: 
1)No manual comes with it and it's not as easy as picking it up and watching it go. You have to download an app called Mi Fit and synch the watch to it to get the watch to do anything at all (won't come on without it). After 30 minutes of searching online I figured this out and things moved more smoothly. You have to change settings individually to change from metric to English measurements, it's a search and find or Google challenge.
2)Inconsistent GPS tracking: Over several runs of the same 4 mile trail route my distance would be anywhere from .5 mile short to an entire mile too long.
3) On a 20 mile trail run my distance was .5 mile short, but elevation recorded was 2k ft more than reality.
4 Inconsistent activity information synced between watch and iPhone app: On that same run my watch activity read 19.5 miles, but the MiFit app read 19 miles. ??!! When I tried to export to AmazTools the .gpx file only shows 12.7 miles. :/
I can't comment on the accuracy of GPS, HR, pedometer or distance tracking, but others have said it seems pretty good. However my biggest disappointment is the calorie burn is so catastrophically wrong. I went for a 4.5 mile walk (18min/mile) and it says that I only burned 302 calories. I measured the same walk with Strava and got 620 calories burned. Online calc says about 560 calories, for my weight, height, gender etc. Seems also BMR is not added to any calorie burn. I expect from any fitness tracker to be able to calculate BMR + activity for a total calorie burn for the day. When I read on my watch that I've only burned 600 cal at the end of the day, then I just can't take this watch seriously. I hope they can fix this in future updates, hopefully the very next update.
5)I've only used the walking and running activity mode features on the watch and it seems to work fine in my opinion, but I kinda bummed there's no pace counter on the screen. I would want to see my minutes/mile pace with just a quick glance on the watch.
6)The available watch screen faces are very limited, but I feel there's a number of them that look just fine to me. However there's almost nothing out there that cater to the US market. Having the date month/day, 12hr, distance in miles.
7)No real app support
8) Pulse and fitness metrics are inaccurate. When sitting on my table flat it gives the table a pulse of 88. When I was wearing it, it typically wouldn't pick up the pulse unless I pressed hard against my wrist only to spit back a pulse of 62 when my pulse was 100+.
Wish it had a built in music player/bluetooth connectivity for headphones so I could leave the phone home on runs
9)Alerts are one way only. Some watches give ability to take some limited set of actions, but this does not.
10)The option in the app to suppress certain sections on the watch is not working. Specifically want to remove the Alipay function since I do not use it.
Most of the watch faces are not configured for US date structure and/or AM/PM as opposed to 24 hour. There is an app with a LOT of faces available, though the method to use these is slightly clunky.
11)The thing to know about the watch off the bat is that to get it to do anything, you need to press the "crown" (button) on the side. This activates the touchscreen. From there, it's swiping left/right, up/down to get to the different functions and features. Long presses on the screen and/or presses on the crown take action or reset. Like any watch I'm sure, it takes a day or so to get used to the navigation. Very pleased with the watch overall and would highly recommend at this price.


12)The feature I really, really, really wish the Bip had was audio streaming. Don't care if it comes in the form of spotify support or some other built in audio player but play add bluetooth music support to the watch! At this time i'm wearing two watches when i run because i want tunes and don't want to drag my phone with me. I will gladly pay top dollar for an app with these capabilities!
13)watch faces: very simplistic, 8bit-like designs. Screen is pretty low resolution so wasn't expecting much here but you need to download another app to change the faces out. And the process isn't very intuitive ... i still haven't been able to install my preferred face i downloaded to my phone. Oh well.
14)Notifications: don't think i'm getting any. in some ways this is good ... don't have game alerts/spam interrupting me all day but not getting text alerts either. Will have to dig into this further.

Finally,wish it had native support for Endomondo health tracking

No comments:

Post a Comment

mens running shoes wide toe box

SALE BESTSELLER NO. 1 Saucony Men's S20514-1 Ride ISO 2 Running Shoe, Grey/Blue - 8.5 M US Everun topsole construction for enhan...