Tuesday, April 2, 2019

wearable technology samsung smart watch Pros and Cons - Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch (Bluetooth)

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch (Bluetooth), SM-R760NDAAXAR – US Version with Warranty
 Android OS 4.4 and 1.5GB RAM as well as the iPhone 5 and later Bluetooth enabled capacity smartphones selected with iOS 9.0 and above. There are not all the features available with IOS attached smartphones. Gear S3 supports smartphones can vary by carrier and device. For a list of compatible smartphones and features, please visit samsung.com/gearS3. For best results, connect with compatible Samsung Galaxy Smartphones.
2.67 inches, large band with holes - 5.12 inches, small hole with holes - 4.33 inches, typical steel bezel that you rotate to access applications and notifications

Get text, call, and notifications directly from your watch via your smartly connected smart watch
Make payments on Samsung Payment Anywhere you swipe or tap the credit card. Battery type and size: 380mAh Li-ion
With military-level performance, Gear S3 blocks water, dust, extreme temperatures and occasional drop
Android and iOS smartphones (Android OS 4.4 and above are 1.5GB of RAM as well as the iPhone 5 and later Bluetooth 9.1 smartphone and smartphone capable of selecting iOS 9.0 and later.


Pros:

1)The looks. I am 6', average build and I think it looks great. As with many modern watches it is large, but not overly big in my opinion.
2)Tactile feel. I like the rotating bezel. For me it is intuitive to use and clicks in nicely. The touchscreen is responsive and accurate. For me I wish the back button was the bottom button, but once I trained myself it is a non-issue.
3)Display. It really is nice looking. When used in the always on mode I have had multiple people tell me they had no idea it was a digital watch.
4)Function. Apart from the one major con below, the watch does everything I need it to seamlessly. Alerts are timely and there is almost zero lag in function. Everything flows nicely and the shortcuts are great.
5)Samsung Pay! I have been using SP on my S7 Edge for quite a while and it is so much more efficient on the watch. It is faster (no fingerprint) and to me it seems to work from greater distance than the phone. It is kind of funny some of the looks tellers give you when you pay with your watch. (Many times they will say something like, oh we don't have that here. -BEEP- Wow, how did you do that.)
6)Battery Life. First let me say I typically run the watch with Always On turned off. I do occasionally turn it on, but for me I typically leave it off. My normal daily procedure is to wear the watch all day and then at night to track my sleep. When I wake to shower and eat breakfast I'll take the watch off (it is normally from 70-80% charged still) and place it on the charger. By the time I head out the door for 
7)work it is back at 100%.,This is one tough watch,2+ days of battery life
8)Ergonomic (And that's from an apple user),Blazing Fast,Unique and very cool watch faces
9)Calls can be accepted and made from the Frontier on IOS
10)feels nice on hand, not to heavy on the hand but not too light.
11)swappable watch bands. Feeling leather straps no problem, maybe something for active wear too no problem.
12)Decent ammount of good watch faces that are free. A cool one is the Fallout PipBoy.
13)Samsung Pay is a blessing on this watch. No better feeling then not having to pull your wallet or phone out for a transaction.
14)Nice built in dock charging station from the watch box itself.
15)Can go almost 2 days on a full charge.,Great battery life. Really good, 2 to 3 days with no charging, and effectively unlimited if you charge it daily while you're in the shower..
Great display. Bright, sharp, really outstanding.,Nice looking watch on its own.
16) Beautiful screen, fit and finish, Easy access to relevant data, Notifications are bright and colorful (emails are on white background that is much easier to read than the Apple watch's black background)
Cons:

1)The one MAJOR problem I have with this watch is the lack of integration with Google. I can't wrap my head around why this is set up this way, but it is very frustrating. I would consider myself a heavy Google user. Unfortunately I have had to stop using the Google GMail and Messenger apps. The reason I have stopped using them is you can receive and reply to messages from these apps, but you cannot initiate a message. It is really too bad because for me they are far better than the S7 Edge's messenger and email program. I also NEED to see programs such as Maps run natively on the watch. Yes there are alternative mapping programs you can install on the watch, but they fall far short of Google's own apps. This watch would be a hands down 5 star device if Google apps ran natively on it.
2)The other issue I have occasionally had is the watch recognizing I am looking at it and turning the screen on (this is with Always On turned off). I don't know if it the way I hold my arm, wrist, or something else I'm doing wrong; but from time to time I have to hit a button or spin the bezel to turn on the screen.
3)S Voice sounds like a really bad Sci Fi robot
4)I traded in my apple watch for the frontier, and in all senses of the word do i mean, IT IS BETTER.
5)The Frontier feels rugged and looks professional, unlike the apple watch that feels flimsy (as apple products are) and just looks like a microchip with a screen.
6)If you want intuitive design and a rugged watch that won't let you down, i suggest the Frontier.
7)runs on the thicker side of smart watches if you do prefer something sleek like the Apple watches.
8)price point being $299.99 at the time i bought it. (Worth it IMO if you wear it everyday)
9)Not a ot of store apps, but there's still a handful of good apps built for the watch
10)catches peoples attention if you're a shy person
11)The heart rate monitor is a disappointment. Only works accurately if the watch is snugged down quite tight on your wrist, and only at rest. Does not get a reading unless you are sitting still. Will not monitor as you walk, let alone do anything active. Reads up to 15 BPM high if you're still and the watch is worn comfortably. Must be hard and tight against your wrist for an accurate reading.
12)The Frontier scratches far too easily (see attached photo). I had the watch for two days (with non physical office use) and the crown got scratched
13)The Hamitic engine (vibration) is not as pronounced when compared to the Apple Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

mens running shoes wide toe box

SALE BESTSELLER NO. 1 Saucony Men's S20514-1 Ride ISO 2 Running Shoe, Grey/Blue - 8.5 M US Everun topsole construction for enhan...